10.20.2010

New Toy!

Er, I mean, new tool.

But also totally new toy!

After a very long time of wanting and saving and putting-it-off-due-to-unexpected-financial-needs and still more wanting and saving, we finally ordered our Cintiq- and today it finally arrived! Woo!

It's so glorious. So utterly, utterly glorious. I played with it for a while today (as evidenced by Nathan's cleverly titled photo, Tableaux) and it's almost enough to make me sad that I'm leaving in the morning and will not be able to play with it again until next Tuesday...

Almost, but not quite. Because the reason I'm leaving tomorrow is to fly up to the glorious PNW, where I shall spend several days with my broseph, and then participate in a wedding, and then spend another day with my broseph. And hanging out with him is definitely worth giving up a week of tablet-time.

At any rate, here is your typical "I'll be traveling" disclaimer: not sure what the internet access will be, but I'm hauling the netbook along, so daily entries will get written, if not posted until later. I'm sure there will be adventures galore for the cataloging! ^_^

You may recall me making a big deal out of my Osprey bag last spring. It was the main bag I took to the UK (the other being my hand-decorated purse) and I stuffed it with enough clothes to last two people two weeks. And toiletries, to boot. So you'd think it would be more than big enough to handle the stuff one person needs for a five day trip to the PNW- but readers, it was a close thing. And why? Because of the afore-mentioned wedding. It's nigh-on impossible to Pack Light when one has to pack for an Event. Specifically an Event involving Special Shoes. But I did it, by golly. Behold the (approximate) glory of what I have put into my bag for this journey:

1 netbook (duh)
1 hardback book (playing delivery service from Mom to bro)
1 gps (for driving the rental car from Spokane to Yakima)
1 fleece (because it be cold out in Eastern Washington, yo)
1 knit hat (ditto)
1 fancy black dress (to fulfill my role as Best Lady)
1 sheer black cardigan (see above re: cold)
1 garter belt (I'm old school that way)
1 pair of stockings (ditto)
1 pair of fancy high-heeled shoes (because somehow the hiking shoes clashed)
1 pair of boxers (to use as jammies, since I'll be sharing a room with my bro)
1 pair of glasses (for driving the rental car at night)
2 audio books (for that seven-hour round-trip drive)
2 t-shirts (to avoid nudity in day-to-day interactions)
2 pairs of socks (to prevent blisters and stank)
3 pairs of underwear (...in case I get in a wreck?)
3 small baggies of various toiletries (ready to be whipped out to prove they are not in fact bomb-making-materials)
a billion various chargers (for netbook, phone, etc) (also not for bomb-making)

Plus a handful of other little things not worth detailing (except for my hand-made faux bowtie necklace, which is totally worth mentioning!) All in all, I'm feeling pretty pleased with my packing prowess. Alliteration!

But back to the tablet. I can't wait to sit down and really get to know it. I'm especially looking forward to what I can do with comics. It's going to be glorious...

No comments:

Post a Comment