10.25.2010

Officially, 100% Giving Up on Chinese Food (Forever)

David has to work today, so he is not around to entertain me. I had originally thought I’d just go out walking around the base and make new friends (because I am good at making new friends when the occasion arises), but it is a bit too cold for such activities. Or, to put it another way, I do not have the right clothes for making friends in the windy, rainy 41° weather that is going on right now. Nope, hat and fleece just aren’t cutting it, which I proved in my valiant two-block trek to Burger King. At least on the way back the wind was at my back. Brr! At any rate, since I do know enough not to needlessly expose myself to hypothermia, I’ve elected to hang out in the hotel room and do things like write this blog entry.

Of course, having done not much more than gotten up, worked out, and gotten food means I don’t really have that much to write about yet. So maybe I’ll just come back to this later.

Aaaaand it's later. I eventually ended up watching some programs on TLC, which has the effect of making me feel like a vastly superior human being (and considering how superior I feel myself to be without any prompting, that's pretty damn vast). I came to the conclusion that not having cable is in no way hindering my Life Experience. David came home just in time to be horrified by how much some people will spend on a dress they'll wear once (I'd like to point out that I've worn my $100 dress at least twice now...) and then we headed out for food.

Initially he had a craving for IHOP, but on our way there he spied a Panda Express, and asked if I wanted to eat that, instead. I said something to the effect of, "Errr..." and he said, "Of course you want Panda Express!" so in we went.

Now the reason I said, "Errr..." is because I don't exactly have the best track record with Chinese: it just makes me feel really ill. I try to avoid it when I can, and when I can't I stick to the vegetables and usually don't suffer too much. And I figured that Panda Express, being a chain, would probably be totally fine.

Oh I was wrong. So very, very wrong. I had chow mein, mixed vegetables, and cream cheese ragoons- should be safe enough, right? Um, again I say wrong. I won't go any further into it, except to say you'd think I'd been struck down with food-poison. Yeah. So today is the day I Officially, 100% Give Up on Chinese Food Forever. I don't care which family member (are you listening, various in-laws and grandparents?) want to go- I will politely bow the hell out. Because I just won't go through that again.

Still, it makes me sad. I have such fond memories of spending Saturdays in college stuffed with Safeway Chinese and anime. ::sigh:: Ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment