10.16.2010

Adrenaline

"Carnivals are never like what they're supposed to be like."

"What are they supposed to be like?"

"Well, you know- not this. Think about it- shouldn't there be... freaks?"

"Aside from us, you mean?"

"Right. Aside from us. Aren't carnivals supposed to have... I don't know. An air of mystery? Maybe even danger?"

"You're saying you're feeling too safe? Things a little too predictable for you? Mundane?"

"Ugh, I don't know. When you say it like that I sound... ugh."

"I think I know what you need."

"And what is that, oh wise one?"

"You need to get your heart racing."

"And just how do you suggest we get that to happen, here in this freakless carnival?"

"You keep forgetting to count us."

"Right. This freakless-except-for-us carnival."

"You see that ride over there?"

"The ferris wheel? What am I, four? You honestly expect a ferris wheel to make my heart race?"

"Nah. But I was kind of hoping kissing you at the top might."

(Carnival)

No comments:

Post a Comment