10.08.2010

Mini Wars of Autumn

It has apparently reached that time of year in which Tiny Crawling Things believe that moving into my house is probably their best available Course of Action. Needless to say, I disagree with them; I believe their best available Course of Action is to stay outside and friggin' freeze to death.

And so begin the Mini Wars of Autumn, wherein they fling their unending ranks against my fortifications, and I ruthlessly slaughter them in ones, twos, and colonies. Books, shoes, the brute force of my thumb- whatever comes easiest in the moment. And still they come.

I'm investing in a new weapon tomorrow- peppermint oil. Supposedly it keeps ants away, without doing any harm to cats. We shall see. It will certainly be the best-smelling defense I've ever mounted.

No comments:

Post a Comment