10.30.2010

My Husband Is Awesome

If you know me at all, you know that I am a Person Who Loves Halloween. Specifically, I love dressing up. Costume parties are just... they are just fabulous. I start planning for Halloween sometime in June. Seriously. My annual costume budget is like $200 (that's not to say I always spend that much, but it's there if I need it). So yeah- Halloween? Kind of a Big Deal.

If you know my husband at all, you know that he is at the opposite end of the Enjoying Social Events spectrum from me. He definitely does not particularly care about Halloween (they didn't celebrate it growing up) and dressing up isn't really his thing.

All that having been said, my husband very gamely let me dress him up in a complimentary costume (fisherman to my mermaid) and then drove me out to a party with a bunch of people he doesn't even know (friends from my second job). I told him we only had to stay for an hour, but do you know what that man did? He stayed for three-and-a-half hours, and made conversation, and was all in all an incredibly good sport. So I was feeling pretty good about all of this, but then I came upon a cluster of my girl friends who were all there without their husbands, and one of them declared that Nathan is just "too good", because all of their husbands had (individually) ditched them and made them come alone. When you stop to consider the fact that their husbands at least know one another (whereas Nathan knew only me)- well.

My husband is awesome.

I think it says a lot about our marriage that Nathan is willing to go outside of his comfort zone for something he knows is really important to me. He's a damn good friend, and I think that translates accordingly to "spouse".

Now it's time for photos! Wheee!

Some have called me the Deadliest Catch!

aaaand from the back

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I must agree Nathan is a pretty great guy. But we've known that for a while.

    ReplyDelete