5.05.2010

I'm Miserable, But at Least I Have Stuff

Okay, this allergy nonsense? Needs to stop. It's affecting my ability to sleep, eat, and breathe. Even drinking water is iffy, at this point. As such, I caved in and made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow morning. My desperation knows no bounds...

On the upside, however, I got a big-A package from REI today! I must say, getting my packages delivered to work is probably the best idea I've had all year. Not only do I ensure that someone is around to receive it, but said receival breaks up the monotony of an otherwise miserable day (due to allergies and my impeded ability to think, not due to the job, per se).

In this package was my lovely new backpack, and you have no idea how hard it was not to immediately stuff that puppy full of reams of paper, put it on, and run around the office shrieking my (sore-throated) delight. Alas, there was a client there, so I had to wait until the end of their appointment, at which point I managed to restrain myself enough that I merely showed it off in a casual manner to my boss, who was gratifyingly impressed. He's a good man.

Also in that package was some underwear, a pair of pants for Nate, and a new dress for me! The color is technically called "aquarium", but I put it on and realized that really- it's surgical scrubs green. Go on, tell me I'm wrong. What's that? You can't? Yeah, I know. But at least it looks good on me...

The other excitement to come my way today was an email rather than a package, but the contents of that email herald the later coming of Loot. Well, not really loot, exactly, but a certificate. A certificate that says I'm officially certified to teach BodyFlow. Woo hoo! I'm quite pleased with my results. Also with the fact that now I can get paid for doing it. That will be highly gratifying.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the certificate. As I stated on "the facebook", hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete