5.07.2010

Nom Nom Nom Sugar!

I have to say, I thought I knew how miserable I'd been over the past week or so, but the truth is I didn't really understand until today- because today was the day the misery stopped. And the simple absence of pain feels like heaven. I was able to do a BodyFlow class and it felt good- even the strange swelling in my knee is gone (could it have been tied to the bacteria? Who knows...) I've been in a downright jovial mood all day, which has really served to drive home just exactly how bitchy and pissy I've been for the past fortnight. So I apologize, everyone- I wasn't myself. But thanks to all these wonderful drugs in my system, I'm starting to recognize me again. Which means that, in order to be fair, I need to say that the medical establishment doesn't always suck- my PCP is actually pretty great, especially since he saw Nate and I at the same time yesterday morning and pumped us full of antibiotics to get us in travelin' shape by next weekend. And I'm now in a mindset where I can give him credit for that...

So tonight's adventure was a sort of dry-run on our packing for England. We loaded up my new pack with all our day-to-day stuff, and Nate loaded up his camera bag (oh and I slung on my customized purse, as well... still need to get Nate to take a picture of the finished product...) and the two of us headed out into the night air for a bit of a walk/photo-hunt. I wish we had a scale to check, but we both agree that my fully-loaded bag is weighing in between 15-20 lbs, so that's not bad at all- I think I need to work more with the straps to get the fit just right (at the moment I can't seem to get it close enough to my shoulders, which makes it a smidge uncomfortable- maybe I need to redistribute weight?) but for the most part we're golden. And don't feel bad that I'm carrying "everything"... Nate's bag is smaller, but all the equipment shoved in it definitely weighs as much if not more than my bag- plus he's being sweet and carrying my netbook. What a guy! Anyway, having done that goes a long way towards making me feel extra calm about the trip... I'm so friggin' anal retentive...

Still not sure yet how the updating will go while I'm in Merry Ol'. I mean, I know I'll write every day (travelogue-ing it up, babies) but I'm not certain if I'll have a chance to put it online until I'm home again. We shall see...

Oh, by the way- our hunt was successful:

(Not a Peeping Tom, Just Doing a Project)

No comments:

Post a Comment