6.07.2012

Hard Reset: Day Three (or: Blisters, and Other Hazards of Running)

So I've been meaning to get back into running for a while now, and today my Katie called me on it- so for our "hang out times" I went down to Portland to run her daily route with her (and by "run with her" I mean "shuffle and wheeze along as she kindly keeps her pace down".)

The running wasn't so bad as I'd feared, actually- from a cardiovascular standpoint I could have run (okay, let's face it- I was jogging don't judge) the whole thing, but from a tenderfoot standpoint, my blisters started demanding walking about two miles in (if it was even that long).

Fortunately my blisters tend to callous quickly, so I'm sure I'll be able to shuffle the entire 3.7 miles before too long, and then I can work on speed.

Aside from being sad about blisters, I was also sad about this:
...if only I were older, and had better insurance...

Seriously, other drivers; you had literally two entire blocks of empty curb you could have parked by.  Literally.  And you chose to not only park next to my car, but to park so close that I couldn't just pull out like a normal person.  This is like that time I was the only person in the theater and then another person came in and sat right next to me and who does that?!

But then I came home and there was a happy thing waiting for me: paleo Scotch Eggs!  Holy wow!  They are amazing and my husband is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment