6.04.2012

All Systems Are Go

Family left today.  Sad panda.

But Isis came home!  Huzzay!

(Not actually representative of how happy she was to see us- and vice versa)
 In other news, we are fully geared up for tomorrow's Hard Reset (as I'm calling the four-week detox).   Nathan is going primal, but I (along with some supportive friends) am going strict paleo- plus a little beyond that, in my case.  Here is my lit of Nos:

processed foods
grains
legumes
dairy
soy
sugars (except I think I may bring honey back in after two weeks)
nightshade veggies
high fructose fruits
alcohol
caffeine (which I originally forgot to add to the list, since I only ever get caffeine via chocolate, anyway...)

Also I'm re-establishing my discipline in these areas:

bed at 2200
nightly journaling (my version of meditation/prayer)
morning yoga (coupled with no hitting snooze)
no more than three hours a week of television

 Of course, in anticipation of this Hard Reset I've been...um, well, let's just say I'm probably going to feel sick as a dog tomorrow.  Which I guess means I'll really be able to tell the difference come July 4th...

No comments:

Post a Comment