6.26.2012

Corey DID Warn Us About This

Generally speaking, you can find me at the rock gym after work on any given Tuesday or Thursday.  Today I was joined by Nathan, which was great- although I was not having my Best Day Ever in terms of performance.  (Also I tore open a callus, which, in case you were wondering, sucks)  Anyway, since he'd met me at the gym, and rain was threatening, we popped my bike up on top of the car and drove home together.
Yeah.  That happened.


Fortunately my bike was okay (fender bent, but I just bent it right back into shape).  Unfortunately, the roof rack and car were not so lucky.  ::sigh::

But this is exactly why I am such a tight-fisted be-yotch with money; so that when these things inevitably happen, we can afford to make them better.  Plus I am choosing to think about this in terms of how excellent our REI dividends will be after we buy yet another roof rack, plus the climbing rope I was going to buy this month, anyway.  See how shiny and silver this lining is?!

But seriously you guys- I do not know how it is possible that my bike is okay.  The roof rack was ripped off the front of the car (and dented the frame in the process) so there was a hell of a lot of force going on.  But Zuri is a-okay, at least as far as a quick pedal around the block could show me.  I'm not complaining, mind you- I'm super grateful- but it is very weird.

Good weird.  Good, grateful weird.

(silver!)

No comments:

Post a Comment