1.01.2012

New Year, New(ly Re-established) Habits

I (like many people, I suppose) have a Certain Superstition about New Year's.  Which is to say, I believe that whatever it is that I do on the first day of the year is a reflection of my behavior for the coming year.  That being said, I do my best to make sure that the behaviors I exhibit are behaviors which I'd like to see kept up throughout the year.  This year said behaviors included things like making sure my house was clean, making brunch for my bestest friend, and doing art.  And now I'm writing, just to round things out (although I  may have to go write some fiction after this, just to make certain I cover all my bases...)

We were going to go for a hike this afternoon, but since my knee is still complaining about the abuse it suffered during the flights home from Birmingham, that has been tabled for a while.  Instead I laid down color on the afore-mentioned art, and assisted Nathan with his newest 365 project.  That's right: he's doing it again.  This year he's going to focus on portraits, and rather than be locked into one per day he's decided to go the route of seven per week.  And I, in my best Supportive Wifey Mode, have started my own new project.  It's basically a re-working of 2011's abandoned project, which was to draw every day.  This year?  Oh this year I'm going to make a return to the little comics I used to draw, once upon a time... my goal is to update at least once a week, with the higher goal of six black-and-white updates and one color update, and a more realistic higher goal of three times a week (once in color).  We shall see what we shall see...

In the meantime, here is the fruits of today's labor, a mostly-accurate representation of our New Year's Eve Celebration:

(The plan was to have a LotR marathon: we didn't quite make it to Lothlorien...)

5 comments:

  1. Strange ... that looks so familiar .... ;-)
    ~anonymous mom~

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'd wanted to be STRICTLY accurate, it was actually Nathan who fell asleep in my lap first, then me giving up and falling back against the pillows... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Artistic license ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats amazing! (the cartoon of you two). How do you do things like that?? The new year passed at our house with Todd sleeping and me yelling obscenities (in my head) at our firework happy neighbors :) Here's to getting older!
    Also, I am wondering if Nathan could include portraits of two little wee ones in his 365 project. We will have to chat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! It's taken a lot of years of practice to do things like that... and several hours to color it, which is why color posts probably won't happen more than once a week. <=) Perhaps I'll get faster as the year goes by, however... also, Nathan actually does some REALLY FANTASTIC newborn photography, so I'm sure he'd be happy to add to his portfolio- er, I mean, help a friend out. ^_^

    ReplyDelete