1.18.2012

Am I Your Mother?

Nathan and I have been giving much discussion to (and obsession over) getting a dog, and because we are both giant nerds we've been doing a bajillion times the amount of research any normal person might conceive of doing before getting a pet (cats are easy, man- you just find one and be done with it.  Dogs have... traits...)

Anyway, I did a quiz today about what dog might fit best into our family and lifestyle, and apparently the breed which most closely fits our needs/desires is the Black and Tan Coonhound.

Who's a good little corpse-tracker?  You are!  Yes you are!

Unfortunately the quiz did not ask about tolerance-for-baying, and so I disqualified Mr. Black-and-Tan for one of the runners up, the Canaan Dog.  Of course, this is all sort of a moot point since any dog we get will be a rescue from a shelter, but it is helping me figure out what physical clues to look for in those adorable mutts.

2 comments:

  1. Cats have traits to. They just don't show you the real ones till they get you to take them in. Then BAM! The little F#$%er is yelling his head off for food at 3am and eating your ankles as a thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but those are just luck-of-the-draw personality traits (so lucky! woo!). With dogs apparently breed is this huge influential thing... which is why, as much as I desire a hypoallergenic-and-adorable basenji, I know that I should not get one because apparently their personalities are like destructive demons on crack, and I would keeeeel it. My goal is to bring home a dog I do not feel compelled to murder....

    ReplyDelete