1.10.2012

Costume Design

You may have noticed that, for the most part, I am not what one might call a "fussy" illustrator.  I like simple, clean lines, and so that is how I draw.  But every once in a while I get an urge to do a lot of tiny details, and when that happens it leads to incidents like me passing on going inside Westminster Abbey in favor of drawing its outsides.

Also this happens:

She doesn't have a name yet, but that mark on her brow means she's married.


(I very much look forward to laying in the color on this one, because you guys- it's going to be so cool.)

The inspiration for this little doodle, by the way, came from the manga I was reading today, called A Bride's Story, by Kaoru Mori.  The artwork is some of the most gorgeous I've ever encountered.  That woman draws sheep like nobody's business, I tell you what, and the costumes the people are wearing in the comic made me say to myself, "Hmm, Self- normally we draw our characters in very simple things like slip dresses or maybe jeans and a t-shirt.  What if we were to try our hand at something more elaborate?"  What if, indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment