7.17.2012

The Bold Adventures of Dude-Bros and the Lady-Bro

I had a raging headache as I approached the rock gym this afternoon, and the heat was not helping.  But as I pulled up I saw that KB was already there, so I knew that at least I'd have a climbing partner.  We went inside and there was J waiting for us, teasing us about our absences the previous week (I was giving my tweaked back a rest, KB was just super-busy).  I went and changed and started stretching out while the guys geared-up and debated which routes to do first.  The banter was flowing thick and fast, and I gave them sage advice for their respective partners ("Tell her you're totes into her.  Also tell her to chillax.  Chicks love that."), and we were soon laughing like maniacs at our own ::ahem:: 'cleverness'.

"Oh man, I love our merry band of... us," said KB, but I could tell he'd wanted to say "brothers".

"Our band of bros and sis-bro, you mean?"

"Yeah."

I rested back on my elbows while J did a route and KB belayed him, feeling my headache disappear and general good cheer fill me up, and it suddenly occurred to me-

"This is my bar."

"What?" said J, on his way back down.

"Remember back in the day when people would go directly to the bar after work?  Well this is my bar.  This is where I come to hang out with my friends and decompress from work."

"It totally is!" they agreed.

And then I made them admire my fancy sparkly-pink fingernails, and they rolled their eyes but did, because they are good dude-bros, and I am their lady-bro (which, in retrospect, sounds way more awesome than sis-bro).
And so can you!
 (Fellow lady-bros, you know what I'm talking about.)

No comments:

Post a Comment