5.02.2012

Treecat

If  you're a fan of David Weber, you'll probably know what this is:
Treecats love celery, oh yes they do.

If not, well... it's an alien.  An arboreal alien that is supposed to look like a cross between a cat and a ferret, with six limbs and opposable thumbs.  And this one is male, because he's gray and cream.  ::coughnerdcough:: Anyway....

I've always had a difficult time properly picturing treecats, which naturally makes me want to draw them.  Drawing something is an excellent way for me to figure out the anatomy of something, which is why when I'm describing a "creature" in my writing, I often must sketch it out first (Pegs, for example)  (Also the dragon from my Sleeping Beauty retelling).

Anyway there it is, my attempt at understanding just what, exactly a treecat looks like.  And in case you were wondering what prompted this little exercise, it was reading A Beautiful Friendship, which I thoroughly enjoyed and am looking forward to the sequels thereof (not the least because Jane Lindskold is taking over on the series).

No comments:

Post a Comment