1.13.2012

I Have an Uncle

And that Uncle occasionally introduces me to Excellent Things.  One of the more recent excellent things he sent my way was Neal Stephenson's Anathem.  Readers, I loved that book so much I wanted to roll around in it.  Science fiction at its best, I tell you (which is to say, heavy on the philosophy).  At any rate, here is my drawing of the main character, Erasmus, in the happy days before his world gets turned hypotenuse over angle:

Oh Erasmus... you deserve more diligence than I have given this piece....

You may have noticed that I made the beginner mistake of not placing my subject properly, which has resulted in poor Raz losing his feet.  All I can say to that is... well, I got lazy.  And moreover my headache/nausea/joint aches have declared that I remain that way.  I am not particularly looking forward to tomorrow's flight.  ::sigh::

Yep, flight.  I'll be gone for a few days (four at most), and as such there will be a hiatus on updates- but I'll catch it up all proper when I get back.  Expect to see a great many pen doodles from my journal.  Maybe I'll even get crazy and use my special brush pen.  We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment