8.22.2010

Dance! Dance, You Revolutionary!

I haven't done much in the way of working out this past week (thank you, pinched nerve) but today I headed back with a vengeance by going to a Zumba class. The theory was that I would then follow it up with a round of BodyFlow, but as it turns out I realized I didn't really want my boss witnessing my pathetic, post-recovery form. Therefore, I'll get my practice here in the privacy of my own home.

But back to Zumba.

I love aerobic dance classes, primarily because I love to dance, period. And Zumba is lots of fun because it's a lot of music you don't normally hear when you're out clubbing (ha hah- as if I've seen the inside of a club in the past year). I'm talking cumbia, belly dance, tango... the list goes on. The downside to that is that there are certain dances that are set on, like, the third beat, which results in my tripping all over myself as I try to do my more familiar four. But that's cool- I know how to look good whilst tripping.

I wish I could go to more dance classes- but unfortunately they're scheduled during times when I'm a) already teaching my own class or b) during the weekend, when I'm often out of town. I know I should get out and dance more often (it makes me almost as happy as surfing) but sadly no one seems to know of any good places to go dancing around here. Furthermore, I find that when it gets to be ten or eleven at night (the time to go out) I start feeling like it's probably not so much worth the effort of getting all dolled up when I have a perfectly nice bed waiting for me.

Oh, so very ancient and decrepit.

I'd be more likely to make the effort for a sure thing- a club I knew would be playing excellent techno, that's not a meat-market, with a reasonable cover charge and nearby parking (or hell- within walking distance of my apartment would be ideal). But the thought of putting in all that work just to find another lame place (or worse, one of the ones that is constantly being shut down due to knifings) is just... exhausting. Especially since the mister is not one for clubbing, himself. Nor are any of the other people I seem to meet. ::sigh::

I hammered away a bit at Preconceptions (or Preconception, singular, as it has become in my files) today. I think I might actually go somewhere with that one- it's fun. Also? Finally got around to seeing Layer Cake. Delicious. As was the cold velvet corn soup I made for dinner, which Nathan demanded we eat while it was still warm because it smelled so good. Man I love food.

No comments:

Post a Comment