10.09.2016

NaNo Approacheth

And I have no idea how I'm going to do it this year.

Let me clarify: I know that I cannot traditionally "win" NaNo this year, just like there was no way for me to "win" last year. Last year I had a baby on day four, and abandoned the tradition without a backwards glance.  This year I have had over ten months to come to terms with the fact that writing 1700 words a day is just no realistic for me right now.

But that doesn't mean I can't modify the rules in such a way that I can participate.

Maybe my new goal will be "write every day". Maybe my new goal will be, "rewrite X amount of fairy tales by the end of the month".  Maybe my new goal will be, "edit/add to/completely redo an old NaNo project".  Something.  Anything to keep one toe in the game.

I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment