9.10.2010

Robustitude

I do believe I promised a more robust posting for this evening- which you shall have, but not, perhaps, robust in the manner you might have imagined. Rather than a bunch of typing, I shall share with you the results of several hours laboring to get the hang of photo-shop. If I'd been smart I'd have saved it in steps to demonstrate the hilarity of my floundering, but I didn't. Dang. Also, I feel I must warn you that I've gone insane with the gradient tool, something akin to the way a sixth grader might. Generally this is considered poor form, but in this instance the finished piece is supposed to be a mock-up for a friend's tattoo for her ankle, measuring less than four inches high, so I figured gradient was probably the simplest way to get my point across to the tattoo artist (yeah, I know, I know- when the hell will I stop farming out my work and learn to do it my own damn self?) Anyway here you are- proof that even while I'm sick I can still be moderately productive. Obviously I haven't laid the line work back over it yet, but all in good time, my dears.


She wanted the pink ribbon with an angel, and this is what I've come up with. I'm hoping she likes it, but even if she doesn't, it was good for me to spend some time with the tablet (not the tablet, not yet. But soon...)

In other news, I spent most of the day in the bed sleeping, or else on the couch. Whilst on the couch, I watched The Young Victoria. Iiiii liked it. But it's probably good that Nate was still at work- too much in the way of feelings for him to have enjoyed it. But he brought me pistachio ice cream and saltines, so how's that for a damn fine husband? Also, he's the one who was giving me lessons in photo shop (without laughing, mind you), so bully for him all around.

Here, check out his photo:


(Lowering)

And then? Wallow in the robustitude of this post. Wallow.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Hope you feel better soon. Keep up the good work. I did have fun with photoshop back in the day. You should check out: http://revision3.com/pixelperfect Bert Monroy has some really great video tutorials.

    ReplyDelete