9.04.2010

Chariots of Ash

I went for a run today, for the first time in about a year. I thought I'd do two miles, which turned out to be a wee optimistic. I did 1.2 miles. And I did not run it all. Oh no. I ran for about the first six minutes (which, in retrospect, just so happened to be about .6 miles, so I guess I didn't start out so bad) then walked for two (uphill) then ran for two, realized that I was really hot, not breathing easily, and starting to have pain in my shins, decided that it might be best to start off with only one mile instead of two, walked up another hill, kept walking on level ground until I felt ashamed to be walking, and then ran the rest of the way. The whole thing took me a little under fifteen minutes, which is... not good. I'm looking at a seven hour marathon, here. ::wry grin::

On the other hand... I did get out there. And I did actually run. Which (as mentioned) I haven't done for the past year. So hopefully this is my first (humbling) step back into being A Runner. At least I can still spit like a pro.

Anyway, on to things that I'm actually good at. Like making pancakes. That's what I did this morning, per Nathan's request, and they came out pretty well, if I do say so myself. Which I totally do.

Also? There is a glossy black, male juvenile cat hanging out around the house. I sat and watched him stalk/kill things earlier (I was theoretically drawing at the time) and then later when he was sitting on the porch I let him in. Krumpet was Not Amused, so I brought him back outside. When I returned to the living-room, both Krumps and Kink were giving me Betrayed Looks. Ah the drama of Southern Living.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, great post. Those cats made me LOL. Glad that you could get out and run. I should follow suit.

    As for the photo and short mention, I need to discuss pancakes with you next time we're around. I can make a mean waffle but my pancakes are definitely lacking something. They are just too cakey/dense for my liking.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ought to get together for breakfast some time! I really love doing breakfast. ^_^

    ReplyDelete