9.12.2010

Adrift

The day passes in a haze. Some times I am awake, but mostly I am asleep, and to tell you the truth, being awake seems a little less memorable than being asleep. For those time when I am awake, I can't help but wish I was asleep, so that the time would continue to slip past unnoticed.

I don't want to have to work in the morning.

My husband says I am somewhat diminished, and he finds it unsettling. I am not normally the one who gets sick- I injure myself all the time, to be certain, and I have my bouts of allergic reactions, but true illness is a relatively rare for me. And it seems like whenever I am bowled over by something it's never just something. I like to layer my maladies, I guess- get them all out of the way at once like the ever-efficient multitasker I am. Type A in sickness and in health, it seems. But the point is I'm not full of my typical energy or life, and it's strange for him.

He had to go away, go to work in the next state over, so for most of the day my in-and-out drifting has been a solitary sort of journey. I miss him and wish he was here, but I don't know he'd really be able to do anything for me. The only thing that seems to help is the sleeping.

So maybe I should get back to that.

1 comment:

  1. As always, I hope you feel better soon. I'm a few days behind on your posts so look for more comments soon.

    ReplyDelete