1.23.2016

Jack Be...

Remember those ornaments I was making?  Well, they were in preparation for a baby shower I was hosting, which went down today.  The theme was "Jack of Hearts" (hence the cards), a theme I highly recommend if you happen to be throwing a baby shower less than a month before Valentine's Day.  Talk about convenient!

Anyway, one of the bits of the shower that I was especially proud of was the Guest Book I cobbled together:
(Three guesses what the baby's name is, and the first two don't count)
On the first page I wrote this rather lengthy introduction- 

Everyone knows the old rhyme:

Jack be nimble
Jack be quick
Jack jump over
The candlestick

But a boy should be more than just nimble and quick!  Perhaps the rest of the rhyme goes something like this:

Jack be joyful
Jack be brave
Jack sail every
Ocean wave

Or this:

Jack be clever
Jack be kind
Jack know when
To just unwind

Or even this:

Jack be honest
Jack be sly
Jack just balance
Truth with lie

Please add to the book your name and what YOU wish for Jack (and don't worry, it doesn't have to be in rhyme!) 


Once people started jotting down their advice, it turned out even better than I could have imagined!  So many thoughtful, clever, funny, touching sentiments.  It made me wish I'd thought to do something like that for Neeps (although there's no nursery-rhyme precedent for his name).  I suppose it's not too late to go around making sad eyes at my friends whilst clutching an empty notebook...

No comments:

Post a Comment