4.23.2012

A Song of Ice, Fire, and People I Want to Punch

I have a confession to make;

I never finished reading A Song of Ice and Fire.

I know, I know- no one has finished reading ASoIaF because the series itself isn't finished yet.  But what I mean is that I sort of quit reading somewhere in the midst of  A Storm of Swords (the third book).  Of course "quit" is kind of a strong word... it's more like I just... petered out.  I was bored and frustrated, and hated lots of everyone (and for some reason the few characters that I didn't want to bitch-slap weren't getting enough page time), but I kept trying and trying... until I didn't anymore.

That was about three years ago, I guess?  And I've borne the shame ever since (I am probably the only geek person I know who isn't totally in love with those books) (who has read them, I mean).  Then, of course, A Game of Thrones came out, and my interest was somewhat re-kindled.

It kindled the interest of others, of course, including friends of mine who do not typically read sci fi or fantasy.  One such friend decided to tackle the books, and I felt compelled to read them along with her- to see if maybe I might like them better the second time around (plus I want to be able to properly bitch about discuss what changes were made between the books and the show).  So I'm rereading A Game of Thrones (and settling in later this week to re-watch season one with some friends who have neither seen nor read them) which means it's ultra on my brain, which is what led to today's at-work-doodle:
Maybe lay off the mead, maybe?

Furthermore, I will probably be posting My Opinions on here from time-to-time.  Not that I'm going to go all A Read of Ice and Fire on you (although I highly recommend it for good-times-readings) but sometimes snarky thoughts must be shared (but I do promise to post a giant SPOILER ALERT before I do so any such thing, because I am super sweet that way).

1 comment:

  1. Yeay! <3
    I'm making more time to read. Yeay virtual book club!

    ReplyDelete