4.14.2012

Body Politic

It's been a while (::coughtwoweekscough::) but I finally got back to Crossfit.  Today's WOD:

30 Box-jumps
Walking lunge from the door of the box to the gate at the end of the parking lot
Run Devine Hill
Walking lunge from gate back to the door
30 Box-jumps

That doesn't sound so bad, right?  Yeah, that's what I thought.  You'd think I'd have learned by now that it's the ones that seem the most innocuous that kick my ass the hardest:
I was last to finish- but only by ten seconds!
That last illustration is an exaggeration: I did manage my final thirty box-jumps, although it was through sheer force-of-grunt-power, I think.  I really hate it when people make loud noises when they work out, but for some reason I can't not grunt when I do box-jumps.  So I guess I need to adjust my loud-noises-opinion, or end up hating myself...

In other news, we took Isis to the Farmer's Market today for the first time ever, and she was in doggie heaven.  On the way out some woman-with-a-clip-board asked if we want smoke-free parks in Clark County...

"Welll," I said, "Yes and no,"

"Um, alright," she said, and backed away.

"Our bodies want smoke-free parks," Nathan said as we walked away,

"But our sense of..." I started,

"The Constitution," he helped,

"...means we believe in freedom."  And then I said something to Nathan that's very true;  "It's so annoying- my love of the constitution is constantly coming up against my personal convenience."

But that's the way it should be, in this little libertarian's opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment