4.10.2012

Parents Who Are Awesome

Possibly you remember that Nathan is a photographer?  Well, it's been a long time since he's done portraits (he prefers landscapes, if we're being honest, although they don't pay as well as human beings tend to) but tonight we had the opportunity to do a newborn session- and not just a newborn session, but a pair of twins!  Yep, all the joys and hair-tearing moments of a newborn session, doubled!

No really, it was fine- the parents are friends of ours, and very laid-back people, and Nathan got some really great shots (actually not that hard with newborns- they're sort of naturally tiny and photogenic).  I'm pretty excited to see the results of him processing them... (possibly I will share a few on here... we shall see).

Anyway, afterwards we had dinner, which provided us with one of the very best moments of the evening:

Wait, baby monitors have an "off" switch?!
 Yep, that's  how Todd and Tara roll- awesomely.  They are that rare breed of parent who a) has a sense of humor about the whole experience (babies want to scream instead of doing cute pose?  That's life, man... and a hilarious photo op!) and b) still have interests and lives outside of their babies.  Parents (and potential parents) this is a thing I highly recommend you do.  I think it makes you a better parent if you can model this sort of behavior to your offspring- I know my mom did, and look at how well I turned out!

(Right? Right??)

Trust me- you want your kids to grow up well-rounded, independent individuals, and the only way they're going to do that is if they have good examples of adults doing the same.  (And in my case, the only way my [theoretical] children will survive to adulthood is if I have something else to focus on every once in a while...)

2 comments:

  1. This makes me feel good! We had fun with you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time! And I've done a little looking-over-Nathan's-shoulders, and he got some really excellent shots. Can't wait for you to see them!

      Delete