3.31.2012

ECCC: Day One

I took the train up to Seattle this morning, and it was fabulous.  Why was it fabulous, you may ask?   Because I got three-and-a-half hours of uninterrupted editing done on my Sleeping Beauty novel.  Heavenly.

I disembarked the train and hiked over to the convention center (getting stopped on the way to be asked for directions- this is a common occurance for me whilst traveling.  I'm not sure if it's my chameleon ways or just that I tend to Walk With Purpose) where I met up with my Katie and we proceeded to get our geek on.  I got to meet several web cartoonists I admire, as well as chatting up several cartoonist "convention friends" (my tattoos make me fairly memorable.)  And, of course, I spent The Monies.  But I didn't actually spend much beyond what I'd planned to (and less than my "I will kill you if you go over this" amount) and what I bought made me pretty happy (Dinosaur Comics dry erase board?  Oh my yes.), not to mention the joy of discovering a new favorite artist.

At the end of the day Katie and I curled up in our hotel room to jabber and watch the end of The Empire Strikes Back and the beginning of West Side Story, and all was right with the world...
Yes, I know Anita's skirt is a little too long.  These things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment