3.20.2012

Nerdy-One

If you had asked me even six months ago if my idea of a good way to kick off my birthday included doing eighty-four burpees, I'd have said,

"What's a burpee?"

And then, once you'd explained it, I'd have said,

"Ninja you crazy."

By which I'd have meant:

"Oh hell no."

And yet...

WOD:

21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3
Burpees
Kettlebell Swings

"Just look at it this way," said Jack.  "Each round you do will the the longest one you'll have to do for the rest of the day."

"That is a great way of looking at it," I said.  "Let's see if I can keep doing that by the time I hit the 9 round."

(I totally did.)

So yeah, that's what I did with  my (birth)day off from work- I went to Crossfit and did some freakin' burpees.  And as an added birthday bonus, I was not the slowest person.  Woo!  Finally!  I've been going for over a month, and this is the first time I have not come in dead last.  (We will ignore the fact that the one person who was slower than me was using a significantly heavier weight...)  Of course, I was the slowest person in my two-person session, but the other guy totally cheered me on through my last two rounds, which I so needed.

Man I love this stuff.

And now a preface to today's doodle: Jack and Aubrey have a very sweet, very mellow greyhound who occasionally hangs out at the box.  Today was one of those days, and she was being (for her) pretty excited, doing short little sprints and happy little leaps.  Jack explained that that's because she gets fed at 1000 (I went to the 0900) so she always perks up around that time of day.  Well after we finished our workout and were recovering, I found myself the subject of an adorable Greyhound Stare.  Adorable until I realized what she really wanted...



...because she wasn't going to get her breakfast until we all left!  Hah!  So I did, and broke my fast in the ultra-indulgent manner of bacon-wrapped chocolate (seriously you guys- it was so good).  See, there is a birthday tradition in my household of chocolate cake for breakfast, but throughout the years I've occasionally had to substitute various items (the year I had my wisdom teeth out I had chocolate pudding- Cosby approved, either way, amIright?).  Hence, in light of my new dietary lifestyle... chocolate-bacon for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment