3.04.2012

Progression With Puppy

Isis had a pretty big day today.

This morning I took her for an extra-long (for her) walk, and then this afternoon Nathan and I took her down to the waterfront.  I was a bit ... not anxious, exactly, but definitely steeled for a Less Than Agreeable Experience.  Turned out I steeled myself in vain, however, because Isis did quite well.

Not perfect, mind you.  She definitely lost her damn fool mind a few times near the beginning when she saw dogs she wanted to go be friends with- but after a while she settled down to a reasonable level of Excitement.  The best part was that she got to interact with more people, including some well-behaved children (with parents who understood about puppies).  I must say that I'm very grateful that people who Know Dogs take one look at her and know she's a puppy: it makes her behavior less embarrassing (pulling on the leash, etc).  Although it was funny when one woman said, "Oh how cute!  What is she, about eight months?"

"No ma'am- she hasn't hit four months yet."

"Oh my!"

Yeah, we know.  But she did get lots and lots of comments on how beautiful she is, so at least our toddling terror is attractive...

Speaking of attractive, I made two birthday cards today.  One of them is so specific to the person that I'm going to hold off posting it until the birthday in question (but I will post it because I like it quite a bit), but the other one doesn't give any clues as to who is was drawn for, and thus I feel safe posting it today:

Is this birthday card FOR YOU?!  Who knows!  (Well, you will, in a week or two...)
Yeah, that's right- another angel.  After I got started I wished I had a larger card to work with, so that I could extend the wings out.  Ah well- perhaps next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment