3.10.2012

"...What's a 'Prowler'?"

That's what I asked Jack this morning when I looked at the WOD:

15 min

Prowler/Sled
Burpees
Pull-ups

A prowler, as it turns out, is an instrument of torture.  We didn't do quite what the guy in the video is doing, however- we were to push it to one side of the gym, run back to the start point, and then use the heavy chain (that we'd been dragging behind it) to pull it back to the original side of the gym.

So we had three people, and three stations, and whoever was at the prowler station was in charge of time- once they'd gone down and back they'd call "switch!" and we'd all move to the next station- where we'd do either as many burpees or pushups as possible until the next person yelled "switch".  I will say that knowing my poor fellow-crossfitters were doing burpees gave me the strength to really dig in harder on that damn pull.  No one should be forced to do burpees for longer than necessary.

Except I didn't ACTUALLY strike a pose- I sort of flung my shirt haphazardly to one side and continued my (modified) pull-ups.
Oh, what's this?  A little bit of stripping?  Yeah, that's right- my workout got serious, because on about round three (of four) I had to stop and whip my shirt off.  It was a major relief to be able to do so and know that I wasn't going to be oggled.  No one goes to Crossfit to get their swerve on.  (Not that I've witnessed, anyway.)  Pretty much everyone is there to focus on kicking their own ass.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, ha!!! I can't believe I guessed right! :-) (Well, more or less .....)

    Anonymous Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm pretty glad they didn't make us sing...

      Delete