2.03.2012

What a Wonderful World

It struck me yesterday, as I was walking to the rock gym after work, how very happy I am with my life.  This thought occurred to me again as I rode my bike to work this morning, and when I came home this evening to my beautiful house, wonderful husband, and excellent fur-babies.  All in all, I'd have to qualify myself as "joyful", and moreover content in the fact.

Things are progressing smoothly with the puppy integration.  Kink has now gotten to the point where he will go up to Isis (when she's out of the crate) and sniff her up properly- and even allow a bit of sniffing in return.  She's tried to initiate play a few times, but he is too stately venerable for that, and puts the kibosh on it pretty quickly.  I figured that those two would get along fine- Kink has lived with dogs before, after all- but I was a bit more concerned with how Krumps would handle things.  She is a bit twitchy under the best of circumstances, and she's never had much to do with dogs, sooo... yeah.  Last night she wouldn't get within ten feet of the puppy, crate or no (with the exception of Nathan carrying her) so I figured it would be a long haul to get her adjusted.  But then this evening as Nathan and I were sitting on the couch with Isis sacked out in our laps, Krumpet  actually jumped up onto the other end of the couch.  Granted, she hissed at Isis, but she didn't puff up, and she didn't run off.  So there's yet hope for peace in the household.

I love animal musculature.

No comments:

Post a Comment