2.22.2012

Show Me Mercy

In addition to finally reading American Vampire, I also decided the time had come for me to give the Mercy Thompson books (Patricia Briggs) a try (what can I say- I'm on a paranormal kick).  I really like them so far, and you know what that means- character doodles!

That's a coyote.  Honest.


I'm blowing through them pretty quickly, but fortunately she's a prolific writer, and has more than one series.  I really admire authors that can consistently turn out good work on a schedule.  Don't get me wrong- it's impressive as hell to be able to write The Great American (1000 Page) Novel, but it takes a different skill set, I think, to be able to write Something Fun But Different year after year.  And as much as it would be awesome to be in the former category of Gods Touched, I think it's more likely that I have a shot at the latter, so long as I'm willing to settle down and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment