2.08.2012

Send Me an Angel to Draw

I like to draw androgynous angels.

If you've seen what you think is a male or female angel in my sketch books, what you need to know is that those are just winged people- not actual "angels".  Not as I draw them.  Anyway, normally I draw them with feathered wings and a stylized halo, but recently I've been making the wings stylized, too.  Nathan really likes my angels, which is a wonderful encouragement to draw more of them, and this was the one that poured out of my pen last night while watching Glee:

You may want to click to embiggen.
I sketched it in pen and then darkened it up with sharpie.  I may revisit it with color... plus let's face it:  Photoshop would let me get those wings perfectly symmetrical.

(How do you like to envision angels?)

6 comments:

  1. I like that I'm not the only person who uses Photoshop primarily for symmetry...

    It blows my mind that Louis Wain did things like this without 'shopping.

    (Now I get to find out if Blogger allows HTML tags in its comments)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind, too, is blown by such feats. But then, I suppose that's the sorcerous power of geometry!

      Delete
    2. Schizophrenia, actually. But since I think people who are good at math are at least a little crazy, it's the same difference to me.

      Delete
    3. People who are good at math are a little crazy, people who are good at art tend to be more than a little crazy... it all makes sense!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete