2.23.2012

Ugliness is in the Eye of the Beholder

Last was the first night of puppy kindergarten for Isis.  We were afraid she'd be the biggest dog there, and sort of just bowl all the other puppies over, but as it turned out there were at least two other her size and energy level.  One of them I feel pretty confident is a Bernese Mountain Dog, and actually younger than Isis.  Once she got over her initial "OMG OTHER PEOPLE AND DOGS AND PEEEEEOPLE!" spaz, she did quite well.

It was interesting to see the variety of people and their dogs- and, moreover, to see what different people had named their different dogs.  I don't know... I'm one of those people who doesn't really believe in giving animals people names, so it was hard for me not to snicker at things like "Frank".  But all of the puppies were stupidly cute, and the end of class involved passing the puppies around from person to person (it's a socializing thing) and my heart just about melted from all the adorability.  I mean really.

Which brings us to this:

Yes, we've been watching Ugly Betty.  It's a great show and I love it.
After kindergarten we went to visit my Katie, so that she and her man and of course Trout could meet Isis.  I wasn't totally sure  how that was going to work out- poor Trout is a middle-aged dog who has certainly earned a quiet evening of non-harassment if he wants one, but he actually perked up and got playful with Isis- even reprimanded her when she had it coming, which I was very grateful for (she needs more animals not willing to put up with her puppy guff).  The most hilarious part of the evening was when Nathan was trying to get Isis to sit with a treat: Trout (like the good boy he is) sat and waited, and when Isis finally got around to sitting, Trout reached over with paw and smacked her down like, "Move it, kid- that treat's for me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment