2.09.2012

Camels: Way More Awesome Than You Ever Knew

My aunt and uncle currently reside in the UAE which is, among other things, a place with camels.

Now, I have always liked camels.  They have awesome gorgeous eyes and super neat feet and the whole hump-for-survival thing?  I can really get behind that.  But I will admit that it had never occurred to me to give much thought to the topic of camel milk, and if it had, I certainly wouldn't have connected that thought to one involving chocolate.

Oh what a fool I've been.

Fortunately, my very thoughtful aunt remedied this mental lapse by sending me box of chocolate made from camel's milk.  Yes, you read that right:

camel's milk chocolate.


At first I was skeptical.  For some reason I was convinced it would taste like goat's milk, which while fine for cheese is not really what one wants paired with chocolate.  But I am a dutiful niece, and so I tried it- and fell in gastronomic love.   Holy camel, you guys!  That stuff is amazing!  So amazing I had to draw about it:

Camels are also very truthful.
Plus apparently camel's milk is super good for you?  Nathan knew all about it, and launched into a brief lecture about why we can't get it in the states, which was interesting but more to the point depressed me because I want more camel chocolate please and thank you.

Which, I suppose, means I need to start a serious suck up campaign to my aunt.

4 comments:

  1. Let the Suck up fest begin! I could get to like this.....

    I am NOT Anonymous....I am her wonderful Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan is chock full of good information. He needs a cameo appearance in this blog, starting with the anti-camel milk in the US lecture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, I'd LOVE it if I could get Nathan to cameo in the blog, but somehow that seems unlikely. He's not as much of an OverShare Monkey as I am. ^_^ (maybe I could transcribe one of his lectures...)

      Delete