2.11.2012

Reps

Another Saturday, another Crossfit session.  Today I officially graduated to being able to participate in the WOD, which consisted of five four-minute segments.  Each segment consisted of running 400 meters, then doing "tootsie roll-outs" for whatever time was left in the four minutes.  Once the trainer, Jack, called "time" we started all over again, no break in between segments.  But perhaps you find yourself wondering, what is a "tootsie roll-out"?  Observe:

(I can't guarantee that you'll be able to read this, even if you DO make it big.)
In case you can't read my chicken-scratch, what it comes down to is that what Jack made look smooth and effortless, I made look like gastrointestinal convulsions.  On the other hand, it was really effective at stretching out my abs, and I believe played a large part in me avoiding my typical post-cardio-uterine-cramps-of-death.

The absolute best part of the whole thing was that Nathan actually came with me, and thanks to the inhaler he recently accquired, was able to not just complete his workout, but actually felt good afterwards, something he's never really experienced.  Woo, modern medicine!  Not totally useless!  So I'm hoping this is the beginning of a new, workout-partners stage of our marriage...

No comments:

Post a Comment