2.18.2012

Balls to the Wall, Ladies

It's Saturday, and you know what that means- Crossfit!  Woo!

Nathan stayed home to nurse Isis (turns out she has a parasite- super fun.  But hey, better than the worst-case-scenarios I'd been building in my head, which tended to involve perforated intestines and the like...) so I headed over for some personalized torture on my own.

The warmup was, again, more of what I'd personally consider a workout in and of itself (it involved something called Knees-to-Elbows), but I also noticed that I had an easier time with it than last week, so I suppose that eventually the warmup will just feel like a warmup to me.  I definitely look forward to that day.

For the WoD we did something a little different.  "Box of Doom" was scrawled on the board, and I would be lying if I didn't cop to a sinking feeling in my stomach.  I had visions of an hour spent doing box-jumps (and I'm not even sure I could do one!) (although after watching that video I really want to) but no- it was nothing so worst-case-scenario-ish as that.  Instead, Aubrey brought out a heart-decorated box and had each of us (there were three ladies) pull out a "valentine" with a workout written on it- then she wrote all three on the board, and that became our WoD.  So it could have been really, really evil, but instead it turned out to be just semi-evil:

 10 Push Ups
10 Hollow Rocks
(x2)
-----
100 Double-Unders
-----
50 Wall-Balls

Me being me, however, meant that I had to modify the workout down to my level: sit-ups instead of hollow rocks (core isn't strong enough to keep my lower back to the floor yet), and 400 normal jump rope.  And I must say- remember the other day when I said in regards to jumping rope (and I quote) "that was fun and honestly I could have done it all day"?  Yeah well I lied.  In truth of fact I can do about 75 before I decide that there are approximately one million things I'd rather be doing all day.  And of course the more tired I got, the clumsier I got, and the more time I had to spend untangling myself.  But I got through it, and then moved on to wall-ball.
Why, medicine ball?  Whhhhhyyyyy?



I was able to do about seven consecutive reps before Things began to Protest, and from there the number just got fewer and fewer, and more than once I just sat forlornly on the "don't fall ball" and clutched the medicine ball to my chest, trying to reason with it into going back down to its original 25lbs.  Somewhere around rep 30 my quads informed me that they hated me, and fully planned on quitting at a later point in the day.  They made good on that threat about five minutes after I got home, leaving me stranded at the top of some stairs, unable to get down.

No comments:

Post a Comment