11.06.2010

NoNaNo!

At least, no excerpt. I did the absolute bare minimum today, because it's been a busy day full of travel, and I am actually headed to bed early, since Nathan is leaving in the morning (insert sad face here). Also, I'm reaching a part in the story that I thought I'd be skipping over, except apparently not. So the writing has become tooth-pulling-like. Blargh.

Anyway, we drove up to visit Nathan's grandparents today, because it was his grandfather's 94th birthday. I haven't spent a lot of time around them- until now I've only ever seen them in the context of Family Gatherings. Keeping in mind, of course, that the smallest of Nate's family gatherings is like thirty people. Minimum. Not counting kids. Seriously, it's insane. But my point is that in these gatherings there is so much going on that Grandma and Grampa Richey don't really say much. They just sort of sit in their respective recliners and beam at us all. Which means I hadn't ever heard them say much.

Today, however, we had a good long stretch of having them to ourselves, and I discovered to my delight that they're actually quite talkative. I got Grandma Richey to tell me the story of how they first met (I am a sucker for that sort of thing) which I may use for fodder in a later story.

But now? Now it's bedtime.

(Aging)

No comments:

Post a Comment