11.05.2010

A NaNo Bit of This, A NaNo Bit of That

Let's do things a little backward today, and start out with a photo:

(Followed?)

If this were any other month, I would totally bust out a narrative for that. But it's not any other month, it's this month, and even tho I only did about 2200 words on the story today, that's all I have in me (aside from this stream-of-consciousness stuff, obviously).

You'll be pleased to hear that Kahnji is settling in nicely- he is now officially a certifiably healthy "it", and moreover is apparently loving the new digs. Yay, I did a thing that didn't suck!

I'm hoping I'll pump the word count back up this weekend- but here is a small smackeral of what I did today...

(Oh, just to clarify that I'm not getting crazy with the typos, Oro and Ara are twins, male and female respectively.)

***

“Nightingale,” said Oro sternly. “Here is Dramen with his true love, just as you required of him. Will you not break the curse?”

“There is no need for me to break the curse,” Nightingale said, eyes glinting in a way that made Sera want to hide. “It will break itself when the conditions are met.”

“They are met!” cried Sera. “I love him, and he loves me, and we are here before the Court, declaring it!”

“See, Nightingale,” said Ara approvingly. “True love. Most wonderful.”

“Dramen has always been a liar,” spat Nightingale. “Even to himself.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Demanded Dramen. Sera dug her nails into the palm of her hand to keep from striking out at the mage.

“It means love is not so easily recognized as we might wish it. It is a deceiver, just like Dramen has always been. It means maybe we should ask the only one among us with clear vision what the truth is.”

Oro turned his gaze to Sivon, whose face had gone still as a mask.

“Well, raven queen? What is the truth? Are they in love? True love?”

Sivon gave Sera look of sorrow, and Sera felt her blood run cold. Finally Sivon turned away from them all and said in a wooden voice.

“They are not.”

What?” choked Dramen, whirling to face his sister.

“It is infatuation,” Sivon said clearly, still avoiding her brother’s eyes. “For the both of them. A very strong infatuation, but… it is not true love.” And she vanished.

Sera had never felt so betrayed in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment