11.14.2010

Here We NaNo Again

Today was a low-key day for me- Nathan is back on the road and I was feeling at loose ends. That's not to say there weren't things to work on and do (there were and I did), but I just wasn't particularly motivated to go above and beyond today. As such I brought my word-count up over 36k and didn't strive for any more- although I probably could have. I wasn't really tired of writing, or out of ideas or anything... I just didn't feel any particular need to carry on.

Instead I played with my hoop! (That picture is actually from yesterday, but whatever...) I've neglected it for far, far too long, and as such I am rusty to the point of being pissed off at myself (you know how it goes- you used to be able to do "that one thing", but now your body isn't used to it and you're left being frustrated with how everything is awkward now, in spite of your perfect mental image of you being able to do it in the past). But I put a couple of hours of swearing into it today and it's starting to be fun again. And I found a couple of classes here in the Ham, so I'm thinking it's time to get some instruction beyond YouTube, you know? First one I can go to is this upcoming Friday... wheee!

No excerpt tonight, because I don't feel like opening my netbook back up. Maybe tomorrow. I may just get insano and strive to break 40k. Although maybe not, since I'm teaching two classes tomorrow night... hmmm, we'll see how the schedule works out...

PS I baked cookies. Good times. Also, I'm pretty sure it's time for new tattoos...

No comments:

Post a Comment