11.22.2010

NaNoWriMo Returns!

(and so does that one guy)

I've broken the 45k wall, and if I push it I can probably finish before the week is up. We shall see.

I'm doing a bit of floundering with my writing right now. It's one of those days that makes me really glad that no one is seeing the vast majority of what I'm churning out. Needless to say, I'll have my work cut out for me when I finally start editing... although something tells me I'll also get a lot of pleasure from finally getting to correct all those things that are driving me crazy...

***

The light turned out to be sunlight reflecting off the bow of a small boat, and before it got close enough for her to make out his face, she knew him by his craft.

It was him, the silent, mourning stranger. Sera’s insides knotted up on themselves. For many months after he’d disappeared, she’d occasionally day-dream of his return, of him professing his love for her and them building a life together, as she helped to ease his pain and turned it to joy.

But of course she’d known it would never happen. Never never never. He was just a fleeting moment in her life. An important moment, to be certain, a moment she treasured even as it caused her pain- a moment she didn’t fully understand but didn’t really need to. But moments aren’t supposed to come back.

And yet there he was, jumping out of the boat, pulling it onto the shore, sunlight warm on his golden skin. She was torn between greeting him like an old friend and hiding away in shame. Why she should be ashamed, she did not know- but she felt it burning like a coal in her chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment