11.17.2010

NaNoWriMo in the Machine

I did write today, oh yes I did (even broke 40k, go me), but nothing I feel like excerpting. Which means- you guessed it! Blogging time!

...except I don't feel like I have much to write about. Other than the fact that holy crap! November is halfway gone! Yikes! I need to press "submit" on a couple of my online shopping carts, you know? Not to mention get to work on the craftier items on my list...

I guess I could talk about music. More specifically, I could talk about Music I Listen to While Writing. Obviously it is, to a certain extent, genre and mood dependent, but there are a few things in my library that function well regardless of what I'm working on. Those are the things that get put on my "Writing" play list, and they include the likes of James Horner (man, especially friggin' Braveheart) and the chanting of Benedictine Monks which I have suddenly discovered is actually Gregorian chants so you learn something every friggin' day. Man, suddenly I feel dumb.

Anyway.

Where was I? Oh right, music.

You know what? No. My mind is just too blown by the fact that Benedictines chant it up Gregorian style. I need to go rock back an forth in a corner for a while... maybe even for the full five hours until Nathan gets back...

1 comment:

  1. Yikes. Yeah I have found that a Pandora Channel on Brian Eno is a good place to start for me. I like the ambient stuff. I even found a new CD that I enjoy (Loscil's - Plume). I'm still going strong though I have had days that I just didn't feel like I would make it to 50,0000.

    ReplyDelete