5.25.2016

I Am a Person in My Neighborhood

I've wanted to check out our neighborhood association pretty much since we moved into our house, but I just never seemed to get around to it.  I would forget and miss the meeting, or something would come up, or there wouldn't be a meeting that month, or I'd just be too damn tired.  For five years.

And then we had a kid, and suddenly I realized I needed to up my frigging Adult game and actually get my carcass to a meeting.  I wasn't able to make the one last month, but the one scheduled for this month promised a speaker involved in the Fourth Plain Forward project, a proposal I've been very excited about, so I 100% committed to being there tonight.

And I was.

It was my first time at that sort of thing, and it was very interesting indeed.  Well, most of it was.  There was also stuff that I didn't much care about- but that's going to be the case no matter what sort of gathering you're at.  It made me realize that I might need to start going to meetings on the City level, as well- which sort of makes me recoil in horror because it's not like I don't have enough on my plate already... but I also feel like I have a civic responsibility to be involved in my community.  So.

Baby steps, O.  Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment