3.27.2016

Easter Beasts

Happy Easter!

Last Easter we drove down to Crater Lake, to spend it with Nathan's (also-pregnant) sister and her family.  I remember having pretty terrible back cramps one of the nights we were there, and being so, so scared that I was going to miscarry again (I was only about eight weeks in at that point).  But I didn't!  Hooray!  This year, we drove up to Rainier to spend it with the same (larger-by-two-external-versions) group, and it was pretty darn cute to watch all the cousins interact.

Which brings me to today's exercise!  The Official Listing of the Nibling Call Signs (I've had to invent a couple more since the last time I did this):

Quail
Toad
Eel
Grasshopper
Bee
Eaglet
Elk
Tiger
Shrimp
Salamander
Otter

I do find it interesting that I call all of my Niblings after various animals, and yet my own child's moniker springs from a root vegetable.  But then I look out at the Honorary Siblings that live around here:

Blue
Beetle (formerly known as Skully)
Bear
Rose
Rabbit

and since at least one other child got "named" after a plant, I think we're okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment