5.06.2012

SUP, Dudes!

(yes it was the obvious way to go with the title, but cut me some slack- I'm tired!)

Today was the day I finally tried my hand at something that's long intrigued me: stand up paddleboarding (or SUP, as it's known).  Now, strictly speaking, my interest is more in the application of said board to waves, but since there is a lake a heck of a lot closer than an ocean, I was more than willing to give paddling on a lake a try.
Anatomy, shnamatomy...

It was not surfing (obviously) but it was a lot of fun.  So much fun that I will probably invest in one (or, perhaps, take someone up on their long-ago offer to provide me with one, if said someone is still interested).  I need to do more research first, however, because as nice as the hand-crafted ones I tried out today were (and my goodness, they were nice), I need something that will perform well on either a flat lake or a wave- and at this point I don't even know how the ideal dimensions for either... or if perhaps it makes no difference one way or the other!  (somehow I doubt that- after all, there is such a thing as a specifically "sea  kayak"...)

So much to learn in life...

No comments:

Post a Comment