5.07.2012

Mysterious Mystery

The funny thing is, I'd meant to do a Cabin in the Woods doodle, but then I thought it would be funny to do the cast up like Scooby Doo (I still do, actually) and then as I was looking at pictures of the Scooby Doo Gang for pose references, I ended up doing this instead:
The real mystery is, why are Velma's hands always behind her back?  Just what does she have back there?
Daphne is looking put-upon because let's face it- there's never a use for her, except maybe getting rescued.  And girl's tired of it.  She's ready for some purpose in her life.  (granted I have not watched Scooby Doo in literally decades, and according to the Interwebs she's developed since then, but I have to work with the reality I know...)

Velma.  Velma's lookin' smug because she knows she's the favorite.  Sure, Daphne is supposed to be the hot one, but who can resist a girl in a short pleated skirt and knee-high socks?  Also it struck me that Velma is probably a lot stronger than Daphne- look at those muscular legs, whereas poor Daphne is walking around on twigs.  So Velma's got brains and brawn... no wonder she's looking smug!

No comments:

Post a Comment