5.24.2012

Mid Year's Resolution

Basically what you need to know is that I feel like crap.  I've been feeling like crap for several weeks now, but it's gotten especially bad in this past week.  Moreover, my athletic performance has gone down and my brain is foggy and just plain dumb.  Even Nathan has commented on the number of times I've been not just wrong but grossly wrong this past week.
This is the face of a dumb person.  Who is in physical sadness and cannot do her pullups the way she wants to.

The fact that all of this coincides with me not eating properly (strawberry milkshakes are in season and I am weak) does not exactly strike me as a coincidence.  Especially when paired with some of the more... obvious physical symptoms.  But I'd just gotten into a rut where I felt so bad I didn't even care that I was making myself feel worse (emotional upheaval sabotage!).  My Petulant Self said, "If we're going to feel like crap anyway, we may as well have some more of this delicious dairy," and then she did.  Daily. (I can handle limited dairy- daily milkshakes are not limited, never mind the added sugar, etc)  The problem with that mind set is, of course, that if you keep doing they bad thing because you've already done it, well... you'll never break the cycle.  And so I've made the decision that it's time to snap myself back into clean eating.

I'm already doing better with the diet, but come June 5th I will be stepping it up to a 30 day full-on correction.  I won't be quite so strict as I was during my elimination diet, (plus no RepairVite so heck yeah to that) but I will definitely be going strict paleo for the month.  The theory is that I will work out my meal plan ahead of time (because life is just easier that way), and, of course, I will share some (or perhaps all) of it with you guys, to keep me accountable.

More entries about what I eat?!  I'm sure you can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment