5.03.2012

Fun Hair and Time-Consuming Food

I thought my hair was fun today, so I drew it:
Inspired by a photo of a Native American woman I saw at the Maryhill Museum- wish I could remember which tribe, but I can't.

Initially I was afraid the "frill" of the braid tips would look silly, but the more I looked at it in the mirror, the more I liked it- and the more I thought it was actually flattering to my face shape (which is a bit long in the doodle- ah well).

Anyway it's about 2130, and I still haven't had dinner.  Dinner is currently in the oven, and I'm feeling pretty annoyed about the entire situation, since according to the book it should have taken twenty minutes to prep, but in reality the prep time was over an hour- and then there was still a good 45 minutes of cook time.  Grrr.  It had better be pretty friggin' delicious, is all I have to say about that.

But I'd rather close this entry out on a positive note, so I will say that I went to the rock gym today and ran into one of my new climbing buddies (made last Tuesday) who was there with one of her roommates, and the two of them invited me to climb with them.  And, thanks to their encouragement, I tackled not one but two 5.10- routes.  Oh sure, I didn't finish them without taking a few falls, but at least I finished them.  Ultra satisfying.  And what's especially good was that on the first one, at least, I know exactly why I fell (core wasn't tight enough) and I feel pretty confident that when I try that route again I won't fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment