12.28.2010

Yes, Yes- Still Here

Sorry about that- I've been having difficulty getting my computer connected to the internet, so although I've been writing, I haven't been posting- until now, obviously. But now I've caught up (on this blog, anyway- I have miles to go before I quit the internet, and all that...) so that's good.

I made a cheesecake today- and I think it came out pretty damn well. Cheesecake is my Thing That I Make That Impresses People. I use my Oma's recipe, and I've never had it not go over well. The ironic thing is that, until about three years ago, I didn't even like cheesecake. So I'd make it for people, and just have to take their word for it that it was good.

But now I know for myself. Huzzah!

I went in to work yesterday, but I have the rest of this week off, and am spending it down here with my family- it's pretty nice. Not that we have Awesome Plans for every moment of the day or anything (although I am going to go see Tron later with my brother and Nate and his brother and another dude) but just to be in the same place at the same time- to wander into a room and see my brother sleeping on the couch, and wander into another room and there's my mom on the computer, all the while getting my laundry done as Natan processes photos. It's just... nice.

And tomorrow? Tomorrow I kidnap Katie for a Best Girls Day! Woo!

2 comments:

  1. That all sounds delicious and fun. Let me know what you think of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really enjoyed it- lots of fun! ^_^

    ReplyDelete