12.02.2010

I Fell Into a Hooping Ring of Plastic

Today's excellent adventure was finally going to a hoop dance class. And it was excellent. It was wonderful to be able to see other people doing it up close and personal, but even more to wonderful to interact with them. Wonderfuller still was that there were different sizes and weights of hoops for me to play with, which leads us to the most wonderfullest of all, the fact that I learned exciting new tricks. Woo! I'm going back next week, and I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a new hoop (yeah yeah- I make my own, but I wanted a lighter-weight hoop that is sparkly and pretty, and I don't have the equipment for that... sooo... happy early Commercialmas to me?) so that I can do a lot of practicing over the holidays.

I'd meant to get a chunk done on my novel this afternoon, but a drained battery meant that I was only able to put down another couple hundred words. In a way I think it is good for me to be thwarted at writing, because it keeps me eager to get at it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment