12.05.2010

False Starts (and Using the Word Exciting Too Much)

Today didn't go as planned- and neither has this entry. I'm thinking it's going to end up being a sort of stream-of-consciousness sort of thing, because honestly my head is hurting like a mofo (although not as badly as it was before Nathan made me take a nap while he cooked dinner) and I'm feeling a little nauseated. Plus I need to help Nathan rework his resume, stat. I found him an excellent job posting that unfortunately closes tomorrow. But I can't help but be pleased that I found it at all. At last I've been of some use to him in the job search!

I'm excited about what I wrote yesterday- it was from a writing prompt by Brandon Sanderson, whom I pretty much adore. I'm pretty certain I can turn it into an excellent story. I'm picturing a setting similar to Medici-ruled Venice. Not with canals and such, mind you, (because let's face it- that's been done to death) but that sort of political atmosphere. Which is to say, extra-deadly.

A friend of mine just posted a new story idea that I'm also pretty excited about, plus my best friend just emailed me an excerpt from something she's been working on which is terrific. It's all really exciting... Man, it's so fantastic to have such talented friends. It's a good and nurturing creative environment, and I think that's just so incredibly important to any artist's soul. I am definitely looking forward to being able to hang out with them again.

Have I talked about that on here yet? You know, I don't know that I have, and I don't really feel like going back to check... suffice to say, we're moving back to the PNW in March. It's going to be so epic. I have visions of Creative Community the likes of which the world is only just prepared to deal with. Maybe we'll form a gang. With do-rags. And we'll walk down the rain-swept streets of Portland together and menace other gangs with our finger-snapping. Brilliant...

Time to go work my resume magic, oh yes. Have a flower in the midst of cold-times:

(Cactus Flower)

No comments:

Post a Comment